Monday, June 2, 2008

Starting PGDR

PGDR almost didn't start - there was a catastrophic storyline hole. If I were to add massive amounts to the Dwemer Ruins, and someone began looking into a ruin I'd modded after they'd been in it before, it would look like the ruin had magically expanded. I wanted it to look like the ruins had been there all along and had just never been found.

Travel to Tel Vos, and visit Lord Aryon in his Chambers. Search for a golden Dwemer Book called "Dwemer Machine Operation". With this book, all of the Dwemer Machines in the ruins can be operated to reveal new pathways. Not only that, but Dwemer Satchel packs have been added to the leveled lists, and you can now blast your way to riches and fame in the depths of some of the ruins. Just make sure to stand well back from the blast - otherwise some Dwemer Ghost is going to get a chuckle out of your impromptu meeting with an incendiary payload.

Like I stated in the previous post, Arkngthunch-Sturdumz and Nchuleft are the only ruins that are expanded, and a bit of Arkngthand bas received work. Please, don't whine at me that I didn't do your favorite ruins first.

Oh, and I'm not going to extend Bamz-Amschend until the END of the PGDR project. It's big enough for now.

Enjoy,

-Philip

No comments: